ALS in the Heartland is committed to the safety and health of the people we serve, volunteers, supporters, and staff. After consulting with Dr. Gary Pattee, an ALS medical expert, we have decided to postpone our upcoming Walk and Rally for Hope until we can be certain that all involved can safely participate.
We understand the inconvenience this may cause. We will inform everyone of the new date when we know it.
During this time, please especially remember those battling ALS or others with compromised immune systems. Below are some tips on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and other viruses:
* Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a viable option if soap and water are not available;
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
* Stay home when you are sick; and
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION